'DIYbio Groningen' (an abbreviation of 'Do It Yourself Biology Groningen') is a biology hacker group in Groningen.
This list, in no particular order, contains the people involved with DIYbio Groningen, (please fill out your own profiles).
Workshops & Games
Up and Running
DNA extraction - Learn how to extract DNA using simple kitchen ingredients
Grow your own bacteria - Learn how to grow your own bacteria
Ostrich game - Ostrich game by Johan van Rhijn
Painting with Bacteria - Using the vibrant colours of bacteria colonies to make works of art
OpenerPCR - Our own modified, hopefully simpler, cheaper and more open PCR build
Growing Mealworms - A good source of protein and lots to learn about bugs
UV transilluminator - A DIY transilluminator to visualise our PCR reactions
Microscope slide holder - A project for single molecule biophysics
Moss based sign - A living sign to take with us to workshops, makerfaires and other events
Open-Mate - Our attempt to recreate Club Mate
DIY Agar - Discover how to grow bacteria, simply using kitchen ingredients
GitHub - Some information on our GitHub resources
Identity - Logo, flyers, posters, etc.
- Electrophoresis setup
- Experiment: can plants suffer?
- Cellular automaton display - matrix LED display with game-of-life style visualizations to aid in understanding of theoretical biology concepts
- DIY Incubator
- Hack your tastebuds
- Talks and Presentations
- DIY Pipette
- OpenPCR - Our attempt to build a replica of the OpenPCR machine
At the moment there is no event coming up soon, come back to check what we are up to!
You can always contact us in case you are interested in the workshops we can provide...
Looking forward to hear from you :)
link to Past Events
De Nacht van de Kunst en de Wetenschap - We will be present with a small stand
- Main DIYbio site
- OpenPCR site
- Groningen mini-MakerFaire site
- Link to the DIYbio Google Drive- due to the presence of personal information this is on an invite-only basis, if you would like access to the drive, please send us an email.
To Do List
- Volunteer to run a workshop
- Write a blog post about the last experience CCC2015
Link to a list of our appearances in the Press
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.